Saturday, November 8, 2014

Subconjunctival hemorrhage

Haven't posted in a while, but I did injure my eye. Here's a poem about it.

_-_-_-_-_-

Subconjunctival hemorrhage

I got kicked in the face
By my pet rabbit
After he tried to eat a poisonous
Houseplant.

And I got scared.

Turning him upside down and
Lifting his jowls.

Whump!

I laughed.
Then my vision went blurry.
And I could tell
By the look in his face
That he regretted his decision

I was only trying to help.

I went to the ER
And all the Doctor's laughed at me.
I made their nights.
The pharmacist
Laughed at me too.
So did the ophthalmologist.

That's what i get for loving
Animals
A little too much.
One eye normal.
One eye that's halfway
To blood red.
There's a small scratch
On the white of my eye.

It's a word I've never said before.

I've had enough of waiting rooms.
With screaming kids
And slurring men
Reading the travel magazines out loud
All the while bitching about how poor they are.

When i finally got home,
My wife to be
Fixed my a gauze eye patch and taped it over my tell-tale flaw.

She's always prepared.
A real good woman.

She finds it sexy.

I feel like James Joyce.
Or some great gladiator
But only when my shirt's off.

Perhaps it's a good time to write
My own Ulysses.

Or try rabbit stew
For the first time.

___________

"I can see clearly now--the rain is gone..."

~Torres

No comments:

Post a Comment