Saturday, September 10, 2016

Shout-out

I would like to give a shout-out.
An instance of praise.
And a moment of restlessness
for the following things.

Let us smile.

I would like to thank,
first and foremost,
to all the songs I have loved
and wished I could have written.

I would like to give thanks
for all the wine I took from readings
where I was not the feature.

To whiskey dick
and awkward laughter during sex.

To naps right after work.

To stopping whatever I'm doing
to write poetry.

And how grateful I am to every boss
who understood how important that was.

To never let my job
get in the way of my work.

To long walks through dew kissed fields.
And to how cliche that sounded.

To open-mindedness.
To Euphoria after yoga,
and when the poem is finished.

To women in yoga pants.

To the chase being better than the catch.

For a lifetime of finding what I love
and letting it kill me.

And for burrowing quotes
from wiser men.

--

I don't know. Sometimes you write shit and just post it because you haven't updated in a while. Enjoy.

Or don't.

~Torres

No comments:

Post a Comment