Tuesday, February 7, 2017

The Block

The mental block. Wow. What a killer.

I've been editing a lot for my latest project, but even though I've been hard at work there is still this sharp grinding of the rusty cogs of my mental state.

I haven't been creating. The one thing that makes me... me.

When I can't write, I can't function. I just feel like I'm fucking melting.

I had to generate this blog post today. I had to do something to shake off this existential dread. It is in no way, shape, or form a cry for help. Think of it more as an emotional dumping site. A place where I can turn my head upside-down and get this out.

I chose to just "write words" for this one. I don't want to get into politics, or introduce any topics that typically shake things up. I'm breathing now.

It is humorous how crippling this is. I can't handle my day job whilst coping. I can't talk to my wife. I can't talk to my friends. I ignore the dog and I don't want to go anywhere. I also don't drink alcohol or eat a lot when I'm all blocked up.

I don't celebrate or sing of myself.

I just stare at a blank page.

The way I ease back in is through light exercise, I step outside for fresh air, and a mental dump (this).

See. It didn't take that long and already I'm starting to feel better. Writers are a funny sort of lot, aren't they?

Yep.

~Torres



P.S. I'm not editing this shit today. Human nature is doused in error.

No comments:

Post a Comment