Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Untitled...With Reason

Untitled...With Reason

You think that the fact that we are going to die would be enough…

You think that we be enough.

Motivation to be kind to each other—

      Believe in something besides fairy tales.

            Love harder than you thought possible.

                  Be loved back.

But it isn’t.

       It isn’t enough

              to walk with both eyes open in wonder.

We won’t let it be so.

We favor our differences over the differences of others.

The crowd refuses to give up its rule.

        It refuses to consider that

                     it

                                 may

                    be

                                 dead

                                                   wrong.

---

Moving around the stanzas and lines can be fun sometimes. This is the first time I really did it.

But, I haven’t written poetry is a couple months.  It’s sad, but true. I’ve been doing a lot of
editing. I’ve been doing some submitting. And, I’ve been focused on writing spooky stories and the like.

I miss poetry. But at least I’m writing something.

Later,

~Torres

No comments:

Post a Comment