Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Year in Review

My writing sucks lately. My only hope is that next year I can get my head out of my ass and take things even more seriously.

--
It's a great thought to have resolutions, but I've never really understood them. All really seems to do is mislead habitual people for a few weeks, and clog up the gym when I want to work out. All I want to do next year is find more time to write. Will that happen? No. It's shaping up the be the busiest year of my life. A little happiness, and less time spent fighting with loved ones (including my fiance) would be nice, but that probably won't happen either. I am, and am surrounded by people who are constantly on fire about every aspect of their lives. And, when those things don't pan out, they turn on each other. It's that, or everyone is too damn busy to find time for complete resolution. You be the judge.

I just wanna write stories with ghastly ghouls and mischievous monster. Things that go bump in the night, and things that traumatize children. Writing more poetry that promotes deep thought, and/or is something that people can relate to would be ideal as well. Basically, I wanna keep on keeping on.

Happy new year. Stay warm. Have a scotch. Love your neighbor. Love yourself. Love me.

Love you.

~Torres



No comments:

Post a Comment