Saturday, June 14, 2014

The Beating of a Lifetime

Beat night was Wednesday night. Always an adventure. A group of creative people from different backgrounds getting together to share poetry and stories, wine, and munchies without violence or debate. Why, that sounds like an absolute utopia, doesn't it? Now, if only society acted in a similar fashion...

Everyone seemed to be on fire with their works. There were also a fair amount of new faces. On a personal note, I was able to feed off of the energy that was generated in that group and ended up writing two poems while I was there.

If you haven't come to Beat Night, you should definitely try. The poets and writers will definitely leave you feeling inspired (the perfect cure for writer's block). See you there.

On another note, I'm trying to figure out what to work on next. Some people who have bought my first book "Brain Droppings and Other Poems" have already asked me if another chapbook is in the works. Well, there is always something in the works, but I also want to keep cracking away at my short stories.

I'm also looking for an illustrator. So, if anyone wants to draw creepy pictures for a book entitled "(Not Quite) Children's Tales," please let me know. That would be another project that got shelved because I cannot find an illustrator.

I'll post a poem next time. For now... slumber.

Feel free to comment and let me know you're out there.

Yours,

~Torres










No comments:

Post a Comment